Juicy keto pork tenderloin with a mouthwatering garlic brown “sugar” glaze. This easy low carb dinner recipe takes only 30 minutes to make, start to finish.
Pork tenderloin has been one of my go-to easy keto meals since before I was even knew what the keto diet was. How is that even possible?
I’ve been making a garlic rosemary tenderloin recipe since my mid-20s, when my husband and I first moved in together. I was astonished to learn how easy it was to make and how flavorful it could be. And it was the first recipe I ever made for his parents.
It turned out so well, I felt like quite the gourmet chef. And I earned my place in the food-loving Ketchum family!
I get my healthy, pasture-raised pork from Wild Pastures. And they’re offering my readers 20% off their first box!
PORK TENDERLOIN NUTRITION
Pork tenderloin is an excellent choice for a healthy meal. Unlike chops and pork roasts, it’s very lean, which means it’s high protein without being high fat.
Although we don’t shy away from animal fats on a keto diet, sometimes we want something a little lighter and less calorie dense. Additionally, many people find that the over-consumption of fat can stall their weight loss. This is particularly true of older women.
Some lean meats are hard to cook well, as they dry out easily and become tough. But as long as you don’t overcook it, pork tenderloin can be juicy and full of flavor.
GARLIC BROWN “SUGAR” GLAZE
I don’t often stray from my original recipe but this time I had a little fun creating a sweet garlicky glaze for my keto pork tenderloin. It was over the top good!
The glaze features plenty of garlic, some mustard, and a brown sugar replacement like Swerve Brown. It’s slathered over the tenderloin prior to baking, and creates a mouthwatering pan sauce for drizzling.
I gave it a sweet and spicy twist with the addition of some chipotle powder, but that is easily left out if you prefer.
HOW TO MAKE KETO PORK TENDERLOIN
Pork tenderloin is so easy to make. I prefer browning it in a pan and then baking it in the oven. So juicy and flavorful! Here are my best tips for getting it right:
- Use an oven-proof skillet: it doesn’t need to be cast iron, just any skillet that can go from stovetop to oven. This way, you don’t need to transfer the tenderloin to a baking dish and dirty two dishes.
- Brown on all sides: get the skillet nice and hot so that it sears the outside of the tenderloin. You don’t want to cook it too long, just enough to get a light golden exterior.
- Seasonings and glazes: whether you choose to make this easy glaze or simply add some seasonings, make sure to get it all over the meat before baking.
- Bake at high temp: it helps seal in the juices and shortens the cook time.
- Check the internal temp: pork tenderloins vary in size and thickness. Use an instant read thermometer to know when it’s truly done. 140F or so is perfect as it will continue to cook when it comes out of the oven.
- Let rest 5 minutes: this allows the temperature to reach a safe 145F before you cut into it.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What if I don’t have an oven-proof skillet?
You can still make this recipe! Simply transfer the seared tenderloin to a baking dish.
What if I don’t have brown sugar replacement?
You have a few options. You can simply use any granular sweetener you like. Or you can use the granular sweetener plus 2 teaspoons of molasses. It will only add a single gram of carbohydrate to each serving.
My pork tenderloin is less than 2 pounds.
No problem, you can easily scale back the glaze. Then proceed as directed but check the the temperature of the pork at 15 minutes.
What if I don’t want it spicy?
That’s fine, just leave out the chipotle powder or the cayenne. It will still be delicious!
Do the leftovers reheat well?
Absolutely! If you don’t think you will eat it all at one meal, slice only what you need and keep the rest whole. The keto pork tenderloin will retain its juiciness better that way. Then simply warm it up in a 300F oven.
Want some side dish ideas to go with this delicious keto pork tenderloin? Here are a few you might enjoy:
- Super Creamy Mashed Cauliflower
- Keto Brussels Sprouts Casserole
- Roasted Delicata Squash
- Cauliflower Risotto
- Twice Baked Spaghetti Squash
- Hasselback Turnips
- Smothered Cabbage